You can now enter the library to access limited services! We have moved forward with a few more changes that will allow patrons to use our computers and browse books. However, these resources have NOT returned to full access. There are many alterations that you will encounter as you walk through the library.
You can now physically pick out a book and check it out in the library! There are a few restrictions that we ask you to comply with:
- Browse prepared displays. Library staff are the only people allowed in the stacks, and we have indicated this restriction with orange cones that block off the stacks. Instead, you can explore various materials in the displays we have prepared for you.
- Only touch what you intend to check out. All of our changes to browsing books were created to limit patrons’ physical contact with books. We appreciate your efforts to keep this contact low.
- Ask a staff member to find the book you want. If you are searching for something particular and it is not in the displays, please ask one of our staff members to retrieve the item from the shelves.
- Take advantage of our NEW! self-checkout machine! We are so excited about this addition to the library, and we hope you’ll give it a try during your next visit. You simply scan your barcode (or enter the numbers manually) and then scan your items. The prompts on the screen will help you through the process, and any of our staff members are glad to help you with any questions.
- Stand behind the barrier during checkout with a staff member. Acrylic barriers have been added to one side of the circulation desk while the other side is completely blocked off. We ask that you stand behind these barriers and slide your items underneath.
Computers Open for One-Hour Sessions
- You are now able to use the computers for one-hour sessions. We have reduced the number of available computers to five in order to follow safe social distancing practices. Appointments are not required, but they are available to guarantee a station for the time you want. Staff are unable to assist patrons with the computers in order to ensure proper social distancing.
The most important part of our updates is that ALL people entering the building MUST properly wear face masks over their mouths and noses. Our staff continues to wear protective gear and practice all sanitation practices such as routine hand washing, disinfecting, and social distancing.
In addition to these updates, our curbside pickup service is still available. Continue to return checked-out items to the outdoor drop box. All fines and fees on materials will be waived during this time.
You can also use the Princh app to print documents from your phone, tablet, or computer. You can call the library and we will help you with this process and bring the documents out to your car!
All of our virtual resources are still available for your use, and we continue to bring you virtual programs such as storytime, virtual crafts, Dance Around the World, and more.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time, and we are excited to see some of you back in the building!