- No food or drinks are permitted in the library anywhere near computers – designated areas only.
- Cell phones must remain on “mute” while in the library. If needed, take phone calls to another area away from patrons.
- Smoking is not permitted in the library.
- Loud talking or making any disruptive noises in the library or at public computers is not permitted.
- Children may not run in the library; they must be supervised by their parents.
- Children may not be left alone at the library – an adult must stay with them.
Procedure for getting a library card
- Residents in and out of Westmoreland County are entitled to a free county library card (WLN).
- Any resident of Pennsylvania whose library is a participant in the Access Pennsylvania program is also eligible for a free county library card.
- For adults and young adults (18 years or older) 1 form of photo ID with current address is required.
- Children issued a library card must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must present 1 form of photo ID with current address. They will also need to sign the registration form, and will be responsible for any overdue, lost or damaged materials.
- Unless otherwise stipulated, all materials circulate for 2 weeks – these include books, audio books, music CDs, videos, and DVDs.
- Every cardholder can take up to 10 items through the county system. Children, however, are subject to the rules of their parents or legal guardians on the amount they may circulate at any given time.
- During story-time, materials rented are automatically renewed without fines for late items. However, after session is completed, materials returned late will be subject to fines.
- Item(s) that belong to the Rostraver Public Library that are not on reserve for another patron may be renewed up to 4 times.
- You can renew your items by stopping in the library, calling (724-379-5511) or visiting your online account at rostraverlibrary.org. (If renewing on line, you will need to have your library card (enter the barcode without spaces and add letter if applicable), your password (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number) unless you supplied us with a specific password at the time of registration.
- If your have late fines or an expired registration, you may not be able to renew online. Contact the library for assistance.
Overdue, Damaged or Lost Item(s) Policy:
- All Rostraver Public Library adult materials are fined $.25 per day.
- Children’s overdue items are $.10 per day.
- If an item is lost or damaged beyond repair, the patron is liable for payment of replacement material. Should this happen, please speak with a member of the library staff and we will be happy to help you.
- Patrons with unpaid fines for late, lost or damaged materials may be subject to loss of circulation privileges and computer usage.
- Patrons must have a WLN card to use the computers or we will supply a special pass for out-of-state travelers.
- Copies are $.15 each for black and white, and $.25 each for color and are printed at the circ desk.
- Library software may block internet access for the following reasons:
- Library card has expired
- Library card has billed items
- Library card has been lost or stolen
- If a computer user has violated Library policies in a way that would require a suspension of computer access
Meeting Room – Policies, Fee
- Presently, our meeting room is only available during normal library hours.
- Please call the library at 724-379-5511 or stop by with any questions or to schedule the room. We will mail out an application that the Library Board has to approve. This will include the fee if applicable.