Curbside pickup is now available at Rostraver Library!
What does this mean?
Patrons are able to pick up their books through a low contact method of interaction. A library staff member will communicate with you and bring the book(s) to you once you arrive at the library. The building is still closed to the public.
How does it work?
- Browse the catalog to virtually search for books. Find the catalog by clicking on the icon that looks like your library card on our website. Remember to limit your search results to the items that are available at Rostraver Library.
Be sure to check if the book is available or checked out. This will be shown beside “Local Availability.” The number outside the parenthesis indicates how many copies are available and the number inside the parenthesis shows how many copies the library owns. 0 (of 2) would mean that zero of the two copies are available to be checked out.
- Either request the book online or call us (724-379-5511) and tell us your name and the book’s title and author. We will pull the book off of the shelf and check it out to you.
- Arrange a time with us when you can pick your book(s) up. Our current hours of operation are Monday-Friday 10am-2pm.
- Call us when you arrive in the library parking lot.
- Have your books hand-delivered by a staff member to your car door!
Returns and Due Dates
All items checked out will have an extended due date and auto-renewals will be processed. No fines will accumulate during this time.
Returned items can be placed in the book return box. We are not accepting donations during this time.
The library staff wears masks and gloves, and all returned books are quarantined for several days before being checked in. After the books are brought into the building, they are set aside and staff immediately dispose of their gloves and wash their hands. As a result of this quarantine time, there will be a delay checking in your books. We ask that you wait a week after returning items before calling the library with concerns on their status.
If you need to access our WiFi, it reaches to certain spaces in the parking lot. The spaces closest to the library will receive the best service.