TINY TYKES STORY TIME
EVERY WEDNESDAY AT 10:30AM
- September 6, 13, 20, 27 & October 4, 11, 18, & 25 Story time and activities for children ages 1-3.
FREE MONDAY MOVIE MATINEE
1ST MONDAY OF EACH MONTH @ 1PM (unless the library is closed)
- September 11 – Hidden Figures (PG)
- October 2 – The Zookeeper’s Wife (PG-13)
FREE KIDS MOVIE MATINEE
1ST SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH @ 1PM (October – May)
- October 7 – The BFG (PG)
READING WITH MAN’S BEST FRIEND – All Ages
- Monday, September 11, 18, & 25, 4:00pm – 5:00pm
- Time added in October! October 2, 16, 23, & 30, 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Practice your reading skills by sharing a story with therapy dog, Nugget.
STORY TIME – Ages 3-5
- Thursdays, September 14 – December 14, 10:30am
- Thursdays, September 15 – December 15, 10:30am
Children are invited to register for the fall session of storytime, where we share books and activities under a variety of themes. Great way to encourage a lifelong love of reading.
ASL 1 CLASS – Adult
- Wednesdays, September 27 – November 15, 6:00 pm – 8:00pm
Instructors from the Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf will be presenting a fall session of American Sign Language 1 at the library. Students will develop basic finger spelling, vocabulary and grammar skills. Discussion of Deaf Culture and interactions with the Deaf Community will be key components of the course. Participants will have the opportunity to earn a Certificate of Completion from WPSD.
WOODEN LOFT – Ages 10+ (Cost $45)
- Saturday, September 30, 11:00am
Create your own wooden decor with the help of The Wooden Loft. Materials provided for your choice of sign.
AWARENESS SESSION: HUMAN TRAFFICKING – Ages 15+
- Wednesday, October 4, 6:00pm
The Blackburn Center will join us for an informational presentation on the indicators of human trafficking and how to identify victims in your community.
10th ANNIVERSARY GALA – Adults (Tickets $80)
- Saturday, October 14, 6:00 pm @ Youghiogheny Country Club
Join us in celebrating 10 years at our current location with a formal event. The evening will include dinner, live music and dancing at the Youghiogheny Country Club.
MEET A BALLERINA! – All Ages
- Saturday, October 21, 11:30 am
A real ballerina from the Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre will be stopping to share a story and dance with participants at the library!