In 1958, Fellsburg Women’s Club started the library in only two rooms at the old Lebanon School. All the books were donated by the women’s club. In 1989, the school was torn down and Rostraver Township took it over. The boy scouts and the Lions club moved it by hand to the old (Fells) church on Fellsburg road. It occupied only two rooms upstairs of the church because the township business was downstairs of the church. Once the township relocated, it expanded into the rooms downstairs of the church.
We moved to or present location in 2007 which was made possible by a very generous donation of an individual whom has since past. Currently, we own an approximated 30,000 books for loan.
The library receives no tax money. We receive financial support by the township, state and county. We are also supported by memorial contributions and special gifts. We also have the Friends of the Library board and committee that help to support the library. They meet once a month, and are always looking to recruit new members!
- CD’s, both music and audiobooks
- Computers for Adults and Children – Printing $.15 per black and white, $.25 per color
- Fax Service – $1.00 per first page, $.50 per every page after
- Laminating – $1.00 per 12 inches
- Coin operated copies – $.15 per black and white, $.25 per color
- Book sale – ongoing for the hours of operation
- Children’s story hour
- Summer reading programs
- Book Clubs
- Regional History Department
- Digital audiobooks and eBooks!
- Naomi Cross – Director
- Kelly Yoskosky – Programming Coordinator
- Donald Flower – Evening Supervisor
- Judy Clark
- Anne Crookham
- Laura Kupets
- Karen Zundel
- John Maisch – President
- Judith Yoskosky – Vice President
- James C. Stump, Jr. – Treasurer
- Edie Vay – Secretary
- Georgetta Wiles
- Anthony Ruozzi
- Bernadette Zunic